Lately during our Reiki Practice Day sessions we’ve been talking about creating our own Reiki Circle of Healing for the purpose of helping each other with distance Reiki treatments.
This group is now active and already has 15 members.
Here are the requirements for those who want to be part of this group:
- The Reiki students have to graduate at least Reiki Level 2 Course.
- For those of you who took only Reiki Level 1 Course you need to know that during Reiki Level 2 Course you will receive an important attunement that will allow you to work with 3 Reiki symbols. One of these Reiki symbols is used for distance healing and it will allow the therapist to connect from distance to another person’s energy field.
- During the Reiki distance healing session you will be identified by your full name
- The students are encouraged to send Reiki energy for the whole group at least once per week. You can do this at a time of your choosing.
- You will receive a detailed description of the technique that you can use for distance healing
- If at any time you would like to take a break from the Reiki Circle of Healing please let me know so I can let the other students know.
Having said all this please let me know if you would like to be part of this group.
Every month Healing Synergy Inc. in colaboration with Nature’s Intentions Naturopathic Clinic offers Usui Reiki and Reiki of 7 Levels courses.
The course is presented by Reiki Master – Dan Miron. He’s teacher, Guru Navara is well known for his authentic clairvoyance and healing abilities.
You have the chance to:
- Learn in detail about the anatomy of a human’s subtle energy bodies and chakras (the way a real clairvoyant can see)
- Receive the original Reiki attunements and symbols
- Understand what Reiki energy really is and how to apply it
- Learn efficient meditation techniques that will help you with your Reiki practice
- Learn how to feel the energy of a person and how to protect yourself before and after the Reiki session
Why should you learn Reiki with Us?
- 90% of our students had a one-on-one Reiki training with Dan Miron
- All our Reiki students can attend our FREE monthly Reiki Practice Day where they have the opportunity to practice on other students and ask questions
- Stay informed about Reiki and other energy healing arts with our Reiki Blog
- We are committed to your success in the Reiki Healing Art
Have you ever wondered to what distance the subtle energy bodies spread? Is it a few centimetres or metres or kilometres? Well, lets find out.
Most of us do not have clairvoyance abilities, and hence we have no ability to see or feel these subtle energies, let alone measure how far they spread out. Fortunately, the answer that I’ve received from my Reiki/ Spiritual teacher helped clarify this important aspect.
“So how far do energy bodies spread ?”
When you study Reiki Level 1 course, you learn about the anatomy of our subtle energy bodies. We know that a human being has 5 bodies:
- The Physical Body
- The Vital Energy Body
- The Inferior Mental Body
- The Superior Mental Body
- The Causal Body
I will not go into detail about each of these bodies. I will just answer the question. For a normal person (who does not practice any type of techniques for the purpose of developing stronger energy bodies):
- The Physical Body – it can vary depending on our genes and our lifestyle
- The Vital Energy Body – approximately 2 to 5 cm depending of the health of that person
- The Inferior Mental Body – approximately 15 – 30 cm
- The Superior Mental Body – approximately 0.5 – 1 meter
- The Causal Body – approximately 1 – 2 meters
To give a glimpse of how different the energy body of a very evolved spiritual being is compared to a normal person learn about the following:
“Gautama Buddha had an aura of aproximately 8 km!”
Need to say more about how important is to have a serious mystic practice as part of our life? I guess not.
Last year, December 2007, I had the opportunity to attend the Reiki Practice Day of my Reiki Teacher, Guru Navara. He was kind enough to allow me to ask all the questions I had or questions that my Reiki student asked me.
One of my questions was: “Is it OK to initiate (give Reiki attunements) children in Reiki?”
We can give Reiki initiations in Reiki Level 1 to kids age 7 and up. Reiki Level 2 can be given to children age 12 – 14. Higher Reiki levels should be given to high school students.
The children should use Reiki only for themselves because their subtle energy bodies are still developing. They should not do any Reiki treatments for other people!
Recently I’ve been asked about the Reiki attunement process and in particular about any special requirements. The question was about avoiding alcohol, cigarettes and eating vegetarian food before the attunement.
First let’s talk about the Reiki attunement for a moment. By definition the Reiki attunement is a process performed by the Reiki Teacher in order to activate the flow of Reiki energy through the middle of the student palms.
It is a complex technique that involves a good breathing control on the part of the teacher, visualization and the drawing of different Reiki symbols and the insertion of these symbols into the student energy field.
As you can see the state of health of your energy field can allow for an easy attunement or it can impede the attunement process. For example if a Reiki student has different negative energies in his aura (energy field) that have created energy blockages, then during the attunement when the teacher is trying to activate certain energy meridians this blockages may not allow the meridians to be fully activated.
This is why ALL THE SERIOUS REIKI SCHOOLS will repeat the attunement process for each level at least once after ~ 3 weeks from when the attunement was done. During those 3 weeks before the second (repeat) attunement the student is encouraged to practice self treatment.This way they can improve the state of their energy field.
Since the Reiki attunement is probably the most important part of the Reiki course, I’ve decided to create a short list with suggestions that will help the student to be better prepared for the Reiki attunement:
- Avoid alcohol for at least a week
- If possible avoid smoking for at least 1 week to allow the energy meridians of your lungs to improve
- Regarding the food you eat, try not to eat anything heavy the evening before the class. We are what we eat most people say and our energies will definitely reflect that. My Reiki teacher who is a person with exceptional clairvoyance abilities once told me that if a person will become vegetarian than in ~ 7 years the quality of their energy will improve so much that naturally they will start to manifest healing abilities (using their own energies = bio-energy type of healing). You do not have to become a vegetarian to practice Reiki. Having a healthy diet will keep you healthy.
- Have a good night sleep (at least 8 hours) before the Reiki class
I’m happy to announce that starting September 2007 all my Reiki students are invited to participate to a monthly Reiki Practice Day, Free of Charge.
Nature’s Intentions Naturopathic Clinic has agreed to offer us 2 treatment Rooms where the Reiki students can practice Reiki.
Our first Reiki Practice Day will be held Monday, September 24th, 2007 at 6:00 PM. We will probably stay for 2 to 3 hours. The students will have the opportunity to ask questions about Reiki, practice on themselves or on other students.
If you are interested to participate please send me an e-mail email@example.com and include your first name and last name, cell number where you can be reach that day and the approximate hour you will arrive.
Many of the Reiki practitioners are faced with a dilemma when a client knocks at their door. The reason is because the client may have high expectations regarding the results of the Reiki treatments and also regarding the ability of the Reiki practitioner to diagnose the client health problems.
Initially the practitioner is happy to see that there are open mind people out there who are willing to try these wonderful and full of promise energy type of work. Than when the client comes in trouble is in the air.
The following are 5 steps that a Reiki practitioner can follow in order to properly diagnose a client health problems:
- Create a comprehensive intake form and ask your client to answer to all the questions. The intake form should contain at least the following:
– Information about the client (name, date of birth, age, gender, home address, telephone numbers, e-mail address, emergency contact name, how did he found about your services, family physician name and contact numbers, other health care providers, their name and telephone number)
– A section that will ask the client to list in the order of importance their chief health issues.
– A section that will ask the client to describe other therapies that he/she tried to resolve the issue
– A section about the client medical history (state of health, current medications, any type of abuse)
– Lifestyle and Environment (occupation, hobbies, stress factors, the emotional home climate)
- Discuss the completed intake form with your client and try to understand as much as you can about his/her health issues. Mark the medical terminology that you do not understand so you can research it later. Also write anything that your intuition might tell you about your client.
- Here is the point where many therapists may be tempted to do a Byosen scanning (for those who do not know the term, Byosen is a technique where the therapist is using his/her hands to feel the client energy and energy field). From my experience it is better to first start a general Reiki treatment session with the client and then during the session to feel the trouble spots than scanning their energy field before the session. The reason is that it takes some time to tune your senses to the vibration of the client energy field. Tuning to the client energy field happens automatically during the treatment session. Start the Reiki session, calm your mind and try to feel the sensations in your palms. These sensations are very important for the therapist. They will give us clues about what is going on in that area of their body and in their energy field. Make sure that you write down in your client’s file the body areas and the type of sensations that you felt. Also ask the client to be aware of what he/she feels during the Reiki session (any physical sensations, emotions and thoughts) and encourage them to share that information with you. These sensations and associations will give the therapist clues about what is affected, what needs work and maybe even an idea about the root of the problems.
- At the end of the session discuss with the client what you’ve noticed. Many times they will confirm that the trouble spots that you’ve discovered during the session are areas where they usually experience physical pain, unpleasant feelings and emotions. Use all the information that you’ve gathered to build a treatment plan.
- On top of all these 4 steps at our clinic I also offer to my clients the opportunity to get a complete health scanning (physical / energy field / chakras) from my Reiki teacher who is extremely gifted. I use a recent picture of the client and send it to my teacher (who is in another country), the name of the person and the date of birth and in 2-3 weeks (depending on the waiting list) I get a picture so clear about the health of the client. Every single client who had a health scanning done was more than impressed with the accuracy of the reading. I can only tell you that once you add this 5th step, the work of the Reiki therapist is much easier.
All of those who have at least one degree in Usui Reiki have been through the process of choosing a Reiki teacher. How did they do it? Well, here is my list of 7 steps (requirements) that I’ve used when I was looking for a qualified teacher.
- The name of the course – The name of the Reiki course (style) advertised as being Usui Reiki, for example LALA Reiki should be as close as possible to the original name Usui Reiki (if Usui Reiki is what you’re looking to learn). This will tell you that maybe you are close to finding a teacher who will teach you the original Usui Reiki. If the Reiki style has a different name than the teacher should have an explanation (motive) of why the name has been changed.
- Teacher’s experience – Usually the more students a particular teacher has taught, the more likely the teacher is capable of performing the Reiki attunements (initiation) correctly.
- The type of training offered – I have always prefered to attend a small class rather than going into a crowded class where there will be a limited amount of time available to interact directly with the teacher. Getting a one-on-one training in Reiki is very hard to find these days and it should be considered as a bonus.
- The length of the course – The minimum time for each Reiki level should be 6 hours. Some teachers offer two days of training for each level. These will allow for good practice time, however, it is not always necessary. Depending on the student, 6 hours for each level are usually more than enough. The Teacher / Master level should allow more time for practice. If the course is presented as 3 levels, than usually level 3 should be taught in 2 days. If the course has 4 levels (Master/Teacher Level), then an additional day will be enough.
- Use your intuition – After reading the course ad, the small prints, talking to the teacher on the phone or through email, looking at the teacher’s picture (if any) – USE your gut feeling, your intuition to decide. If you feel that maybe something is not right keep searching. There are many teachers out there. Choose one that resonates with you.
- Reiki symbols – This is where many teachers are walking the path of bad karma. It’s not a joke and it is serious business. There are 4 Reiki symbols in Usui Reiki (Cho Ku Rei, Sei He Ki, Hon Sha Ze Sho Nen and Dai Ko Myo) and these symbols (which are geometrical figures with straight lines and curves) should look the same regardless of the Teacher. NO – IT’S NOT OK – to change the symbols or to delete / transform lines into curves. Be very careful and if you can, try to get the list of the Reiki symbols from that teacher and compare it with trusted sources. If that is not possible when you learn level 2 and receive the Reiki symbols search on the web, compare their drawing with a trusted source. I’ve met a Reiki Teacher who was telling me that it is OK to change the Reiki symbols. Trust me it’s not OK, unless you yourself have clairvoyance and you can see and analyze the type of energy that you channel with a changed symbol don’t do it!
- Clairvoyance – Well, if you are very lucky (and I was extremely lucky) than you will find a Reiki teacher who can see the Reiki energy, your energy fields, chakras. If that is the case wait no more. Thank God for this opportunity, because a teacher who has clairvoyance (not one that pretends he has) will teach you much more that any other Reiki teacher could.