NATUROPATHIC BODY DETOXIFICATION PROGRAM
We provide 2 plans for the detoxification program: the basic and the comprehensive plan.
One Visit : Basic initial consultation (Cost: $190) includes:
- A 1 hour comprehensive initial visit with our Toronto Naturopathic Doctor – Sushma Shah. At this visit, the goal is to learn as much as possible about your health through a comprehensive symptom and history intake, including an assessment of the your diet, environment, toxic load, stress, and other aspects of your lifestyle. The naturopathic doctor will also suggest the most appropriate cleanse and supplemental / dietary recommendations for your body and health issues at this visit. *
- This visit also includes a standard blood and urine test. It will also include a clinic package with additional questionnaires and information about the clinic and the natural treatments we provide at the clinic.
- First Visit (Cost: $190) includes:
Second Visit: (Cost: $100)
- A 1 hr comprehensive initial visit with our Toronto Naturopathic Doctor – Sushma Shah. At this visit, the goal is to learn as much as possible about the patient through a comprehensive patient history intake, including an assessment of the patient’s diet, environment, toxic load, stress, and other aspects of lifestyle
- A standard blood and urine test.
- A clinic package with additional questionnaires and information about the clinic and our treatments
A physical exam with a body fat analysis, blood glucose test and a Traditional Chinese Medicine pulse and tongue analysis
Third Visit: (Cost: $50)
A treatment plan * that is customized to suit your needs – incorporating a diet, nutritional and supplement regimen, along with other natural therapies will be provided at this visit based on your intake and laboratory tests.
A follow up assessment visit where our Naturopathic Doctor will discuss what would be most ideal for you for cleansing / body detoxification.
GENERAL TIPS FOR BODY DETOXIFICATION
- Drink plenty of water (at least 8 glasses/day)
- Add half a lemon to a warm glass of water with a pinch of cayenne pepper and ½ tsp of olive oil and enjoy it first thing in the morning
- Eat your salads and greens – they provide you with lots and lots of live enzymes and minerals and also help detoxify heavy metals from the body
- If you haven't eaten fruit and vegetables on a regular basis, start to eat lots of fruit; your body will detoxify itself first. Even if you do not change your use of stimulants (coffee, sugar and nicotine)
- Steam bath to remove heavy metals - Using 1/2 cup of baking soda or 1/2 cup of sea salt. Soak for 15 - 20 minutes and then scrub the skin gently with soap on a loofah / face towel. Within a few minutes the water will turn murky and "dirty" due to heavy metals coming out of the skin, including aluminum and mercury. Do this once a week during detox and once a month for maintenance
- Exercise regularly, for at least 20 minutes - Partner up with a friend or family member if motivation is a problem. Go for a brisk walk or jog, or try something different like a spinning class or Yoga!
* DISCLAIMER: The information on this article is the property of Dr. Sushma Shah, Naturopathic Doctor, and is not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any diseases or promote any services or products mentioned on the website.