ACUPUNCTURE FOR FERTILITY
At the Nature’s Intentions Naturopathic Clinic , we offer acupuncture as one of the natural therapies for fertility treatments, along with supplements and lifestyle changes.
Once your assessment is complete, acupuncture may be recommended for you as part of your fertility treatment, at specific times during your menstrual cycle and at certain times for your partner.
Acupuncture might also be suggested for certain symptoms during pregnancy such as threatened miscarriage, delayed labor, breech presentation, nausea, fatigue, vomiting or if you are doing IVF, acupuncture may be suggested for preparing the uterus.
Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine has been used for the treatment infertility for over 2000 years. These ancient, time-tested techniques improve fertility rates and support a woman’s whole body, unlocking unlimited potential for health, healing and childbearing.
A study published in the medical journal Fertility and Sterility found that acupuncture dramatically improves the chances of becoming pregnant when used in conjunction with other assisted reproductive techniques.
ACUPUNCTURE FOR FERTILITY HELPS TO:
- Increase blood flow to the uterus, and relaxes the uterus which then improves the chances of an ovum implanting on the uterine wall
- Reduces anxiety, stress and the hormones that are secreted during stressful situations that can significantly impair fertility, and helps with relaxation by stimulating the nervous system
- Normalize hormone and endocrine systems that regulate ovulation, especially in women with polycystic ovarian syndrome, and other hormonal imbalances
- Positively affect the hypothalamic pituitary ovarian axis, which plays a key role in fertility
- Regulate / Normalize the menstrual cycle, decrease undesirable PMS symptoms, reduce bleeding time for heavy periods, and decrease cramps and pain associated with periods
- Also helps to improve vitality and energy flow for men as well, by reducing stress and anxiety hormones, improving blood and energy flow to the vital organs for fertility and reproduction.* (Adapted from Chinese Medicine in Fertility Disorders)
HOW DOES ACUPUNCTURE AND TRADITIONAL CHINESE MEDICINE WORK FOR INFERTILITY?
Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese medicine can improve the rate of success for fertility in women by affecting the quality, quantity, balance and flow of Qi (also called Life Energy) and blood. When the Qi and blood flow well through the body, every cell, tissue and organ gets nourished and functions properly. When this occurs, a woman’s health and fertility are increased, assuming there are no other factors / physical stagnations such as blocked fallopian tubes at play.
Based on the theories of acupuncture and Traditional Chinese medicine, fertility issues are caused by an imbalance of Qi and blood affecting one or more of the Organ Systems such as the kidney, spleen and liver.
Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese medicine offered at our naturopathic clinic provides a safe, effective, drug-free, and natural approach for treating infertility * in and enjoying a healthy pregnancy in a relaxing, calm and caring environment.
Here are a few reasons to try acupuncture and Chinese Medicine at our naturopathic clinic:
- Our naturopathic doctor does not just treat symptoms and signs, but focuses on treating the root cause that have lead to the problem or disease and activates the body’s natural healing potential using natural therapies.
- All of the therapies offered at our clinic including acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine are completely natural. No drugs are ever used.
- Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese medicine can be used to strengthen, support, and balance overall health and wellbeing, so other fertility procedures such as IUI or IVF are more effective. The practice of acupuncture and Chinese medicine is over 2,000 years old, and has helped millions of people improve their health and wellbeing, stay healthy and it works!
* DISCLAIMER: The information on this article is the property of Dr. Sushma Shah, Naturopathic Doctor, and is not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any diseases or promote any services or products mentioned on the website.