WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF MASSAGE THERAPY?
A massage session does much more for the body than simply relaxing and soothing sore muscles. Therapeutic massage provided at our naturopathic clinic:
- Helps increase the blood flow in the body, which is said to accelerate the healing process and improve circulation, essentially preventing fibrosis and scar tissue build up.
- Helps stimulate the nerves that control the blood vessels, promoting dilation, toxin removal and oxygenation to the skin and muscles as well.
- Helps relieve respiratory conditions such as emphysema and asthma, and nasal congestion as breathing becomes easier when muscle tension is released in the face, upper back and neck regions.
- Helps increase oxygenation and replenish nutrients to the skin and muscles.
- Improve the immune system and overall wellbeing. The use of aromatherapy can also help stimulate the immune system, assist in the treatment of migraines and insomnia and other related sleep conditions
- Helps detoxify the body and the lymphatic system, especially helpful after chemotherapy and for individuals suffering from water retention.
- Aid in digestion and menstrual issues by improving blood circulation and energy flow in the abdomen and pelvic region.
- Helps stimulate the release of endorphins and serotonin, promote a feeling of calmness and improve sleep quality, decrease migraines and tension related headaches that could surface as a result of constricted blood vessels.
- Increase flexibility, range of motion and posture.
Massages can also be quite beneficial for pregnant women experiencing back aches and discomfort. Thus, massages are quite beneficial, not only in terms of correcting damaged muscles and internal systems dysfunctions, but also as a method of relaxation to relieve stress and tension.
To schedule a massage session with our registered massage therapist,
please call us at (416) 913 4325.