Group therapy involves various clients who share the same challenges and goals. There is one or more therapists. Group therapy can be beneficial when clients
support one another and share their experiences. It can also foster hope to help clients see each others’ strengths and success and encourage each other.
There are therapeutic groups that focus on working through building reflection awareness and emotional and behavioral changes. There are also psycho-educational
groups that focus on building new knowledge about challenges / diagnoses and strengthening skills to deal with the challenges.
Types of Group Therapy offered:
Parent Education Training
Focus of the group sessions are as follows:
- What Positive parenting strategies are
- How to manage children’s inappropriate behavior and setting limits and increasing children’s positive behaviors
- How to manage and teach children how to handle their own negative emotions
- Teaching children how to problem solve
- Building affective relationships in the family while still having structure and consistency
- Positive Family Communication
- Managing parental stress and building a positive couple relationship
- 2 booster follow up sessions as needed
Mindfulness Based Cognitive Behavioral Group Therapy for Depression and/or Anxiety
Focus of the group is as follows:
- Practice of mindfulness and CBT: how to apply it to daily life, and attitudes and commitment needed
- The power of the breath: your ally in healing
- Awareness of the body and learning to tune into the body
- Accepting what is: mindfulness and CBT in daily life and relationships with others
- Working with physical pain
- Working with emotional pain (fear, panic, anxiety, anger and depression)
- Working with the mind and cognitive distortions (negative mental assumptions)
- Closing: learning to let go and moving forward
Mindfulness Based Cognitive Behavioral Group Therapy for Children and Teens
Focus of the group:
- Understanding the nature of the mind and how to apply mindfulness: what is mindfulness and what is CBT?
- Challenging negative and self defeating thoughts: building a positive self-esteem
- Relaxation: using awareness of breath to calm the mind
- Use of reflective art to release negative emotional and thinking patterns
- Learning to let go of the past
- Strengthening positive coping strategies with life’s stressors
- Cultivating awareness and positive communication with others
- Closing: moving forward and sustaining the gains
facial acupuncture to rejuvenate your face, look and feel younger and healthier. Reduce fine lines and wrinkles, tighten sagging chins and jowls. Difference
noticeable after first visit. Read more ...
Hair LossNoticeable, diffuse hair thinning in
women usually starts after menopause when the production of estrogen slows down dramatically or stops altogether.
Read more ...
Weight Management Program After having tried all
sorts of fad diets and pills most people are unhappy with their present weight. Visit our Weight Management Program and find about the Naturopathic Way To Better
Health. Read more ...