HOW CAN I COPE WITH STRESS?
Stress is a fact of life, but you can learn how to effectively manage the negative effects of stress.
TAKE CONTROL AND BE A STRESS MANAGER
- The first step in managing stress is awareness of the things that make you feel stressed and of the way you feel when you are under stress.
- The next step is to learn relaxation techniques so you can balance the stress in your life with periods of relaxation.
- Finally, by developing a positive attitude and lifestyle, you can be successful at managing stress.
Here at the Nature’s Intentions Naturopathic Clinic, we offer a stress management program * for individuals who are having difficulty coping with stress be it job related or personal, and for individuals who do not how to react to stressful situations. We offer various mind – body stress management solutions including relaxation sessions, Reiki and hypnotherapy sessions, breathing techniques, progressive relaxation along with acupuncture and lifestyle counseling.
One of the therapies we use at the clinic for stress management is acupuncture. Although people who visit the clinic commonly complain of stress, there have been few clinical trials examining the effect of acupuncture specifically on this condition.
One small study found that acupuncture helped reduce blood pressure levels in people subjected to mental stress. Another study found that auricular (ear) acupuncture successfully reduced anxiety in some individuals. I have noticed that often time’s patients do come in very stressed and agitated, but after their acupuncture session they are leave quite relaxed and calm from the naturopathic clinic.
Because this condition can affect a variety of meridians, treatment is based on an individual assessment which will be carried out by our naturopathic doctor at your initial consultation.
Extensive research has proved the benefic influence of relaxation techniques in stress management. Today you cannot have an efficient Stress Management Program without relaxation sessions. During these sessions the client will learn different relaxation and breathing techniques. These techniques are easy to learn and will not take a long time to master.
Daily practice of these techniques can definitely make a huge difference in dealing with stressful life situations. Regularly practicing relaxation techniques will have a calming effect on the person's mind and will ameliorate different emotional states. It will give the patient an increased amount of internal resources to deal with day to day life stresses.
Reiki is an energetic method of treatment. It is very effective in releasing emotional stress. It has a calming and energizing effect. Reiki will strengthening the client's energy system (also known as aura).
It is long known that our emotions are stored in our aura in an energetic form. As long as a person experiences more pleasant emotions they have a lower chance to develop stress - related health problems. When there is constant emotional stress the energies in the aura get impregnated with negative energies. Constant negative emotions can seriously affect one's health.
Reiki treatments help to relieve emotional stress and bring a feeling of relaxation. Dan Miron, our Reiki Master offers
Hypnosis allows clients to overcome philological and / or physical problems. Hypnotic techniques bring about beneficial changes by utilizing states of deep relaxation. The use of hypnosis allows an individual to consciously overcome feelings of anxiety, stress and depression through positive suggestions.
During the hypnosis sessions, you will taught self hypnosis techniques using positive affirmations to help with stress management.
HOW DO DIET AND EXERCISE RELATE TO STRESS?
A healthy lifestyle is an essential companion to any stress-reduction program. General health and stress resistance can be enhanced by regular exercise, a diet rich in a variety of whole grains, vegetables, and fruits, and by avoiding excessive alcohol, caffeine, and tobacco.
SIMPLE TIPS FOR RELIEVING STRESS
- Believe in yourself and think positive. “Every cloud has a silver lining”
- Follow your heart to wherever it leads you
- Enjoy the company of your loved ones. Life is precious and the time we share with our loved ones is even more precious
- Practice relaxation and meditation everyday for at least 20 minutes. This will bring peace, focus and clarity in your mind
- Exercise at least three times a week
- Visit new places as often as you can
- Let bygones be bygones. Unclutter yourself!
- Live a healthy lifestyle and eat healthy foods
- Find a satisfactory workplace
- BREATHE AND SING OUT ALOUD!
For more information or to book an appointment, please call 416 913 4325 (HEAL) or email us at email@example.com
* DISCLAIMER: The information on this article is the property of Dr. Sushma Shah, Naturopathic Doctor, and is not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any diseases or promote any services or products mentioned on the website.