NATUROPATHIC APPROACH FOR WEIGHT MANAGEMENT
If you have been on the search for the perfect Weight Loss program, you found it! Our Naturopathic clinic offers you an individualised weight loss program that works specifically based on your health and over all being. The overall goal is a healthier, optimal and a lighter you!
Our successful weight loss program is based on the following basic foundations of good health:
- A Positive Mental Attitude
- A Healthy Lifestyle – With Regular Exercise
- A Health Promoting Diet
- Supplementary Measures (if weight gain has been due to a physiological disease condition such as hypothyroidism or metabolic syndrome due to insulin resistance)
Our clinic offers a weight loss / management program that is tailored to your needs and goals to help you look and feel your best by giving you all the right tools to loose that weight and keeping it off. We combine Naturopathy and Hypnotherapy if needed to help you achieve your goals and support you all the way.
Our program consists of:
- An initial visit with the naturopathic doctor who will be assessing your health status and weight loss goals. She will be doing a detailed comprehensive intake and may suggest various laboratory tests in order to set up a proper treatment plan that is specific for aiding you in your weight management.
Some of the following tests maybe suggested and performed at the end of the consultation if need be such as:
Following the initial visit, you will be coming in for a full comprehensive physical exam that includes a traditional Chinese medicine tongue and pulse diagnosis, a body fat analysis and a random blood glucose test.
Once you have gone through the initial visit and the physical exam, you will be given an individualized weight management treatment plan * based on the assessments of the two visits, which will have a combination of various naturopathic modalities such as clinical nutrition with supplements, exercise plans specific for you taking into consideration your lifestyle and daily routine, along with a combination of alternative therapies such as acupuncture and hypnotherapy to help you achieve your desired weight management goal. We will provide you with all the support and guidance you may need from us to help you reach your weight and health goal.
- Regular standard blood and urine testing
- Blood Glucose testing (random and fasting)
- Comprehensive Thyroid Assessment - A comprehensive analysis of thyroid hormone secretion and metabolism, including central thyroid regulation and activity, peripheral thyroid function, and thyroid autoimmunity. This serum test allows the practitioner to pinpoint commonly occurring imbalances that underlie a broad spectrum of chronic illness.
- Comprehensive hormonal assessment - Profile analyzes saliva samples for the levels of ß-estradiol, progesterone, and testosterone, cortisol, melatonin providing clues about menstrual irregularities, infertility, endometriosis, breast cancer, abnormal weight gain and osteoporosis
- Adrenocortex Stress Profile examines 4 saliva samples over a 24-hour period for levels of cortisol and DHEA, imbalances of which are associated with ailments ranging from obesity and chronic fatigue to immune deficiency and increased risk of cardiovascular disease
- Food antibody assessment - The incidence of food allergies has increased dramatically over the years, and it is estimated that up to 20% of the population have adverse reactions to foods. Our 93 Food IgG screen allows you to identify foods you may be intolerant to, which in turn affects your health in a negative way such as weight gain, asthma, eczema, congestion among others
- Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis (CDSA) 2.0 – A profile to evaluate digestion, absorption, pancreatic function, and inflammation, in addition to bacterial balance, yeast, and parasite infection. This profile features exclusive new markers for assessing irritable bowel syndrome, sub-mucosal inflammation, colorectal cancer risk, pancreatic insufficiency, and occult infection. Recommended for patients with diffuse and non-specific GI-related symptoms, such as indigestion, dysbiosis, constipation, and diarrhoea
Start working on those health and weight goals today!For more information or to book your initial naturopathic appointment, please call the clinic at 416 913 4325 (HEAL)
* DISCLAIMER: The information on this article is the property of Dr. Sushma Shah, Naturopathic Doctor, and is not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any diseases or promote any services or products mentioned on the website.